So I bought a pack of 100 corn tortillas - silly me. In an attempt to use them up before they go bad, we've had tacos, enchilladas, and tonight, taco cupcakes. I made it up, and it was pretty good - well the family ate them, so I guess they were good!
1 cupcake/muffin pan
12 corn tortillas
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup shredded mexican blend cheeses
guacamole (homemade, of course)
1 roma tomato, diced
(if I'd had any more onion I would have used that too)
other toppings if you like:
pico de gallo
1. preheat the oven to 350. warm the corn tortillas in the microwave to make them a little bit more pliable. then, form them into the cups and place 1 tortilla in each muffin slot of the pan. place in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
2. while the tortillas are being formed into cups, cook the ground beed and add the taco seasoning.
3. make the guacamole - or rip open a package of it from your local market;)
4. when the tortillas have "formed", keep them in the pan and fill them with the taco meat and cheese (you could also add bean if you want).
5. place the filled cupcakes back in the oven, but this time with the broiler on. leave in the broiler for about 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. remove from broiler and top with guacamole, tomatoes and any other toppings you might like.